Share code check
In today’s globalized world, where the movement of people across borders has become increasingly common, verifying the identity and immigration status of job applicants has never been more critical. Employers need to ensure that prospective employees are legally eligible to work in their respective countries, and this is where the concept of “share code check” comes into play.
What is Share Code Check
Share code check is a crucial process used by employers to confirm the immigration status of potential employees, especially those who are foreign nationals or migrant workers. This verification is essential to ensure compliance with immigration laws and prevent the hiring of illegal workers.
How does Share Code Check work?
Share code check primarily revolves around the scrutiny of identity documents, specifically the national identity card, biometric residence cards, and biometric residence permits issued by the government. These documents contain essential information about an individual’s immigration status, including their eligibility to work in the country.
The process typically involves the following steps:
a. Online Service
Employers often use an online service provided by their government’s immigration authorities or an identity service provider. This online service allows them to enter the details provided by the job applicant.
b. Original Document Examination
The prospective employee submits their original documents, such as the national identity card, biometric residence card, or biometric residence permit, to the employer. These documents serve as the primary source of information for the share code check.
c. Online Check
Using the information from the identity documents, the employer conducts an online check to verify the authenticity and validity of the documents. This check confirms the applicant’s immigration status and eligibility to work in the country.
d. Manual Check (if necessary)
In some cases, when online verification is not possible or inconclusive, employers may resort to a manual check. This involves contacting relevant government authorities or agencies to obtain confirmation of the applicant’s immigration status.
Why Share Code Check matters
Share code check is of utmost importance for several reasons:
- Legal Compliance: It ensures that employers adhere to immigration laws and regulations, reducing the risk of legal repercussions and penalties.
- Preventing Illegal Workers: Share code checks help prevent the hiring of illegal workers, which could result in serious consequences for both the employer and the employee.
- Protecting National Security: Verifying the immigration status of job applicants helps safeguard national security by ensuring that potentially ineligible individuals do not gain access to sensitive workplaces.
- Fair Employment Practices: It promotes fair employment practices by ensuring that all potential employees are treated equally and have the right to work in the country.
- Efficiency: Streamlining the onboarding process by automating document verification.
What Share Code Check features does Sloneek offer?
Sloneek, as a leading HR and employee onboarding platform, offers a range of features to streamline the share code check process. Some of these features include:
- Comprehensive user records: Sloneek provide a detailed and organized overview of each employee’s information, including their personal details and records, employment history, documents and work assets assigned etc.
- Document Management: The platform allows for secure storage and management of identity documents, ensuring compliance with data protection regulations. Users can also securely and electronically sign documents.
- Real-time Updates: Employers receive real-time updates on the progress of the share code check, allowing for efficient decision-making in the hiring process.
In an era where the movement of people is constant, verifying the eligibility of job applicants is paramount. Share code checks play a pivotal role in ensuring that organizations hire individuals who are legally eligible to work in their respective countries. By implementing these checks, employers can not only adhere to immigration laws but also contribute to fair and secure employment practices.
Q1. What is a share code check? A share code check is a process used by employers to verify the immigration status of job applicants, ensuring that they are legally eligible to work in a particular country.
Q2. What documents are typically used in a share code check? Documents such as national identity cards, biometric residence cards, and biometric residence permits are commonly used in share code checks.
Q3. Why is share code check important for employers? Share code checks are important for employers to ensure legal compliance, prevent the hiring of illegal workers, protect national security, and promote fair employment practices.
Q4. What features does Sloneek offer for share code checks? Sloneek offers automated verification, document management, and real-time updates to streamline the share code check process for employers.
Interested in learning more about Sloneek?
Our experts Václav, Adam, Richard and Sebastian will be happy to introduce you to the Sloneek HR system and answer all your questions.
- guide you through the features of the app
- will answer all your questions
- prepare a presentation and a tailor-made offer
- provide top onboarding